Oil Boiler Servicing and Repair
Oil burning boilers need to be serviced on a regular basis. One of the main reasons for this is that burning oil causes boilers to get very dirty on the inside, so they need to be cleaned regularly. Equally, however, they need to be serviced so that they are:
- Working safely and meeting environmental regulations.
- Working efficiently, and not wasting money
- Keeps any warranty valid
A Basic Oil Boiler service consists of:
- A visual inspection of the oil tank and supply pipe
- A check of Electrical safety and polarity
- A check to ensure that oil is supplied at correct pressure
- We replace the burner nozzle.
- We remove baffles and clean out heat exchanger
- A check for the correct amount of ventilation
- A check of the integrity of flue system.
- A Smoke test
- A Combustion analysis
- A test of safety devices
- A check that the boiler has been installed in line with manufacturer’s instructions and Oftec regulations.
Oil boilers have more moving parts than gas boilers and, therefore, have a greater chance of breaking down. So, good maintenance and servicing is essential to ensure the longevity of the appliance.
Our Technicians have the skills and the training to both service and repair oil fired boilers and we have a number of years of experience between on the issues that they can create.
Needless to say, if there is a problem, we always try and fix the issue before the expense of replacing a part, and we will always take time in our fault finding, just to ensure we have eliminated all possible problems.
This ensures that we minimise the expense of replacing parts.